Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let the bad out weigh the good

Life can be a struggle sometimes, I'm sure we can all testify to that. Trying to live day by day as best you can without falling off course. And once you get on your personal straight and narrow, sometimes it can feel pretty good. Other times it can seem like so much pressure with the gap closing in never ceasing. My life has been on both sides many many many times, but I rarely pay attention to the significance of the most important. But when I look back, I wonder which occasions are the most significant, the good or the bad. If I had asked myself this 10 years ago I probably would've said that good. Today, I know its the bad. Of course much of the bad, I could find joy in lighting a match to it, never to be thought of again. And the good times, oh I can speak on those for days. However, which is of better benefit, harping on the good or things I did right, or meditating on the bad or things that were just incorrect. Now when I say meditate, I'm merely stating to think on it. After being on this earth for 30 years, I am just realizing that I rarely found reason to really evaluate the bad. How can this be, I should know better! Well God is merciful, and has excused me for being so off track with this. And he has shown me that if I push the bad or unplanned situations that sent me over the edge to the back of my mind, then the whole experience would have been in vain. I am now more aware of the uncertainties and left turns. I pay more attention to detail in situations so I can learn the moral. I've learned to understand that the bad is for my growth and maturity, but only if I take note of it. Old folks from down south say all the time, "the good out weighs the bad," which I do believe is true. However, I'm willing to let the bad out weight the good in the spiritual sense in order to grow. Hey, God meant all of it for good right, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment