Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Be Still And Know That I Am God

Why is movement important? I can remember as a child, I always had to shake and move. Oh and don't let someone specifically say, "be still", I think I would literally turn into a centipede, just dreadful. Then I would get that look that said, "didn't I tell you to be still, I am your mother and I said be still!" It isn't much different when It comes to God and our adult lives. We are still movers and shakers, however in different ways. But "be still" is very much the same. My Ma had to always tell me to be still. When she would do this, it could've been for any reason cause I was just a busy body. She could've been trying to press my thick unrelaxed hair, amazing at how even a hot comb fresh off the gas stove didn't even frighten me into stillness. But most and many times it was mainly because I was out of order, maybe just didn't have any real reason to be moving, or about to break something I had no business holding or being around. Kinda like when me and Tiffany(my childhood bestfriend) would be talkin and playin in church, and I just so happen to glance up in the choir stand dead smack into the eyes of Patricia Ann, that's my Ma yall. I got still then! Sound familiar? God's word specifically says, "Be still and know that I am God", so why do we continue to stress, shake, and nervously move? Lets follow the Fathers instructions, leave stuff in your life alone, BE STILL and find peace in the fact that He is God, nothing is too great for Him, and what He says goes because He says so and because..... it is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment